Apr 20, 2013

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Made Me Interested in Light Novles

Do you know "light novels"?

It's a category of novels. It could be that this category exists only in Japan.

"Light" in this term usually means the novels which are easy to read, are not classified as pure literature, or something like that. But, the meaning thereof is not necessarily clear. "Light novels" would be one of Japanese characteristic cultures.

"Light Novels" are often regarded as so maniac or not novels by people who love pure novels. I am not a person who do so, but can not completely deny that I had underestimated books categorized as "light novels."

However, for some reason, I was interested in "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" which was a very popular light novel among Japanese young generation at that time when I was a university student. Thinking back now, that was because I liked to play TV games, read comics and watch TV animations originally.

To be honest, I didn't have much expectation to the light novel in the first place. But, my true impression of it was "So interesting!"

In fact, I  didn't like reading novels very much until I met the light novel. However, it made me interested in not only light novels but also other novels not categorized as them.

Sponsored Link

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...