Jul 3, 2013

Which Type of Light Novel Do You Prefer?

I think that there are several types of light novels in Japan.

 

I try listing up some of them as much as I can though it would be difficult to do all.

 

1) Battle Fantasy

 

It is the type of novel in which hero / heroin and other characters fight against their enemy in a fantasy world, by using their special abilities usually. I think it is a common and popular genre. The representative work categorized into this type would be "Sword Art Online."

 

2) Love Comedy

 

I'm sure it's also popular. In a sense, there would be elements of love comedy in every light novel. These may be because not only "love" but also "comedy" are required in the field of light novels, I guess. There are the special type called "School Love Comedy" as well. The representative of this type would be "Toradora."

 

3) Mystery

 

Whether this type can be accepted may depend on readers. But, as far as I concerned, I like it very much because mystery gives some spices of intelligence to a light novel which tends to be "light" in terms of story as its own name. The representative of this type would be "Hyouka" and "Zaregoto" series.

 

 

Which type do you prefer?

Sponsored Link

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...